Monday, December 8, 2008

My First Inspired Creation



So, as a thrifty New Englander, I am always trying to think of ways to re-use things. Combine that with a newly found love for my aunt's hand-me-down Kemore sewing machine. The result was cutting up an old 80's vintage reversible raincoat, and making this...

A very cool, one of a kind "this is not a plastic bag" bag.

I basically put one of the pockets on each side, and made the bag as big as I could with the size coat I had. It didn't really matter that parts of it were dirty, because I just cut around them. It's actually 10" square, with sides that are 13" high.

It's great, because I can carry anything from the store in it, freezer stuff, wet stuff, doesn't matter. I can just wipe it off or windex it off, or scrub it in the sink if I have to. Borderline indestructible!






Besides that, it's just cool. Who do you know that takes bags to Whole Foods with stripes on one side and polka dots on the other?? Me!

No comments: