Monday, September 3, 2012

1, 2, 3 Quilt Pattern Test - Fun Two-Sided Game Mat

I realize it's been a long time since I last posted. I've been working on not one but TWO super double top secret projects. But I have been told that I can give a sneaky little peek at one of them.

I am a huge Twitter lover, and saw a call for pattern testers by author Ellen Baker, (of 1, 2, 3 Sew fame). She is working on a new book and needed testers, so up flew my hand, wating around like that annoying kid in the front row of grammar school.

The pattern I got to test is an adorable reversible (better said, two-sided) game mat. The pattern was pretty straightforward, but it definitely would give a newer sewer or quilter a chance to work on a number of basic skills in a less stressful, smaller format.

The directions were nice and clear, and the finished product is just adorable. I am glad I didn't have to send it in because my kids will for sure be using it. I used some hoarded Castle Peeps by Lizzy House. It has just the perfect amount of whimsy and the blue colorway is perfect to use for younger boys.

I'm sure the book will be full of wonderful projects if this one is any indication.


I've had a super busy summer, and a glorious Labor Day weekend. I hope you did too!

1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, your fabrics are super cool!
Anxious to see the 'top secret' project in all it's glory!