Thursday, March 17, 2016

St.Patrick's Day Saddle Pad - Custom Sewn for Schooling Show

I'm finally in that place as a sexist where I feel like I can crank something out if I want to.  This week I did that to make my daughter a St. Patrick's Day themed saddle pad for a schooling show at her barn.  There is a "Costume" class at the end of the show where the riders get to dress themselves (and their horses!) up for fun.

I hate to admit it, but I bought the plaid fabric at Hobby Lobby...I knew it would get beat up, and got the fabric for a steal.  I did however, decide to put some Annie's Soft & Stable in for the padding, which worked MUCH better than batting.  I contemplated actual foam, but I couldn't find any thin enough that it wouldn't look bulky.  The Annie's worked like a charm.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope this Saddle Pad is lucky!!

Used some leftover backing fabric from my stash for the other side

No comments: