Sunday, November 27, 2016

Do you like scrappy or do you like order?

I have a dilemma.  I've had these 128 HSTs that were saved as the cut aways from another project.  When I made the quilt, I (and this NEVER happens) had the presence of mind to save the castaways and sew them together.  It's been a while...they have been sitting among the precuts in my stash for close to 18 months.  But they keep calling to me.  And I want to actually make something with them.'

There are 8 prints from a Joel Dewberry line called Modern Meadow, and this great teal/turquoise linen.  


8 different prints, 16 of each
I figured out that I have 16 of each print, which is serious coincidence, or luck or something like that. So I decided I love this diamond ring block and I have enough of each print to make 8 blocks like this.

16 HSTs make one block
BUT, they can also be laid out with a scrappy look, using two of each print for the 16 pieces needed.


Scrappy version

Here's the thing, I think I like the scrappy better, but the linear thinker in me is kind of into the whole blocks in each print.

What would you do???

No comments: