Monday, July 23, 2012

Music to my Ears - Vintage Fabric Jackpot

I got an note in my Facebook inbox last week from my aunt...it held the magic words "I'm cleaning out some stuff at my house, do you want some fabric?" Uh. Yes. Yes I do.

Everyone on my mom's side of the family are avid collectors. They all collect different things, but my aunt Tala is a quilter, so you can imagine how excited I was to see what she had for me.

I took the kids and drove about an hour to meet her and was met with six huge bags of fabric and vintage chenille bedspreads.

There are tons of pieces that are 3 yards or larger...just awesome for backs for quilts. There are also a lot of Waverly fabrics, which are fantastic quality.


The colors of vintage fabrics are so wonderful to me. The one in the front of this picture with the grey and maroon...to die for.


Some of the pieces are smaller, and I think they range from a pretty wide time frame. Some feel really old. I am not great at telling how old things are. The fantastic green and blue plaid in the upper right of this photo...I might have 10 yards of. Love.it.


It all needs a seriously good wash and iron, but that is a small price to pay for so many goodies. I can't wait to show you some pictures of my favorites when they're al cleaned up.


Where do you find great vintage fabrics? Do you use them on any special projects?


1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh My Goodness girlfriend!! WOW, you certainly hit the jackpot!! What a wonderful array of vintage goodness!!

I guess you know I am sooo jealous!! HA!

Have fun playing!